jetthril

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
:arg::arg:So i just noticed that the pressure gauge on my BRS RO DI dropped by 20 PSI all of a sudden. While there is no visual clogging of the filters, I decided to open up the first chamber and change the sediment filter...

But for the life of me, I can't open the first chamber using the wrench that came with the BRS system. The wrench says to turn to the right (but isn't rightie tightie?), and I did, but can't get the damn thing open AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:arg::arg::arg: :headache: this is so frustrating:headache::headache::headache::headache::headache:

Do you guys have any tips for me to help open this thing up?:help::help::help::help:

jetthril

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thanks Richie! I don't have a float valve, just a tube, which upon disconnection, drops the water in the last chamber. To be honest I think I over tighten the chamber last time, if I can get it open, I will never make it that tight again...

Thanks for your help! I love your tank build thread by the way, great looking tank!

dnreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
It says to turn to the right looking from the top, which is the right way because the canister is upside down, and as richies said make sure thertes no pressure on the unit.

+1
If you are moving the wrench handle toward the right (when facing the unit) the canister is actually spinning left (counterclockwise). Otherwise you're just tightening the canister.

jetthril

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Update: I just opened up this sucker...after much trying! I took out the first filter and put the chamber back on and turned on the RODI just to test it out the pressure without the filter ( to see if the decrease in pressure was really due to a clogged filter) and the pressure gauge still reads around 45 PSI. I think what this means is that the first filter is not responsible for the drop in pressure. Now I'm thinking my building may have dropped the water pressure...Does this mean I need a booster pump...Uuugh...that's another $100 potential out of my pocket

Anyone have any other thoughts regarding other causes for drop in pressure?

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
i had to get a boost pump, my unit would run at 40 all the time....its like watching paint dry

Update: I just opened up this sucker...after much trying! I took out the first filter and put the chamber back on and turned on the RODI just to test it out the pressure without the filter ( to see if the decrease in pressure was really due to a clogged filter) and the pressure gauge still reads around 45 PSI. I think what this means is that the first filter is not responsible for the drop in pressure. Now I'm thinking my building may have dropped the water pressure...Does this mean I need a booster pump...Uuugh...that's another $100 potential out of my pocket

Anyone have any other thoughts regarding other causes for drop in pressure?

jetthril

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I would take out every one of the filters and test, just label all the filters as you take then out, most likely the carbon filter is clogged up, not the sediment

Ahhhh...individual chamber diagnosis...that makes sense! I will do that! But what if it's not any of the three chambers? Is that an indication it's the water supply, and I will need a booster pump?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: