Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
i have some hair algae in my tank ....and my yellow tang is not eating it at all...hell eat almost everything that is eatable (brine mysis pellets flakes,everything) but not natural hair algae 0_o

whats wrong with that

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
That is because they do not eat hair algae the only tang that i know that even comes close to eating it is the Kole tang or Chevron tang and thats a hit or miss get those phosphates down and if you want you can get a sea hare they are ugly but will clear that hair algae out of your tank only down side is when there is no more hair algae for them they will die off cause they don't eat anything else

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
That is because they do not eat hair algae the only tang that i know that even comes close to eating it is the Kole tang or Chevron tang and thats a hit or miss get those phosphates down and if you want you can get a sea hare they are ugly but will clear that hair algae out of your tank only down side is when there is no more hair algae for them they will die off cause they don't eat anything else

in 1 1/2 years i have in the hobby i always thought tangs eat hair algae or just algae in general

im trying to get them down so i guess ill go with the sea hare...i can always give it to someone else with hair algae aswell when im done with it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: