Need help on Skimmer

MDharmony

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
What's the best skimmer out there at a height less that 28"? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm only aware of Berlin and Turboflotor. I'm sure there's more you guys know about. Thanks!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
There are many great skimmers out there less than 28". You should provide price range and tank size/stock to narrow the choices. Check the skimmer thread in the general discussion forum.

PS berlin and turboflotors really suck

drunktank

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
one of my friends just got a Coralife Super Skimmer, works real well <-- real good for the money

if u have the money, Euro-reef is amazing IMO too

KuyaMark

Pinoy Reef Addict!
Rating - 99.4%
173   1   0
the ASM G3 is one of the best skimmers I have ever used and I have tried several skimmers from turbofloater to cpr dual bak pak 2

MDharmony

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thanks KuyaMark...by the way I'm filipino too...hahahha.

As for pricing...anything below 400 bucks. Quality is my first priority. Thanks for the help so far!

Deanos

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
In sump only. They're built with some leakage tolerances

You may see salt creep near some of the seams after running it for awhile. It's the price you pay for a cheaper skimmer.

MDharmony

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Deanos,

Is in sump better than stand alone? Turboflotors sell stand alone, but jackson said this.....

jackson6745 said:
PS berlin and turboflotors really suck
hahha...

anyway, "It's the price you pay for a cheaper skimmer."

What's a better skimmer with no salt creep problem?

MDharmony

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
aaaahhhhh! After reading the Skimmer thread...I'm now considering so many more...everyone seems to like the Deltec but it's pricey..

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
MDharmony said:
What's a better skimmer with no salt creep problem?
Euro-Reef recirculating skimmers are stand alone and would be the next level up, then you have:
DAS
H&S
GROTECH
DELTEC
BUBBLE KING

KuyaMark

Pinoy Reef Addict!
Rating - 99.4%
173   1   0
Hey MDHArmony i also have a 72 bow and my ASM G3 is soing an amazing job. I got mine as a steal and you'll never guess how much I got it for:spin:
I also have a mix reef tank with about 12 fish and my water parameters all in check. BTW where are you located. Good to see more filipino's on this board!
The rest of the pinoys here are:
JungleBase ~ Alex
Inkblue ~ Don
Marino
Myself
Nilo

MDharmony

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm actually Filipina. I live in Jersey City, NJ. Pretty close to the city. PM me about your G3 that you got as a steal...hehehe lucky!

Featured Sponsors