LavaToad

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a BTA and I placed him in a barnacle cluster in the center of the tank, plenty of flow, etc... Anyway, I know they like to crawl all over the place but this guy decided to settle in the middle of a patch of xenia. The xenia don't seem to be bothered at all by the anemone, in fact they seem to be stretching out further to compete for light with the anemone, who is also stretched out about 4 inches off of the rock its on. It has stayed in the same position for a few days now which is slightly annoying because some of it is still covered by the xenia. Should I try to move it or leave it alone?

Attachments

• SAM_2862.JPG
    SAM_2862.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 220
  • SAM_2859.JPG
    SAM_2859.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 217

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Feed the Anemone. if you want it to stay

Feeding it will darker the color and make it healthier and it will burn back the xenia. Its a little bleached so i suggest feeding it some mysis shrimp.

It will look really cool amongst that colony of xenia. you can always grow more xenia.

LavaToad

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed the Anemone. if you want it to stay

Feeding it will darker the color and make it healthier and it will burn back the xenia. Its a little bleached so i suggest feeding it some mysis shrimp.

It will look really cool amongst that colony of xenia. you can always grow more xenia.

Hey, its been a while since my last post. I actually did not think it looked too bleached but about two days later it started expelling its zooxanthelle(?) algae and started to look pretty white. I was feeding it mysis and krill (maybe 3 times a week) but my two clownfish would actually steal the food and bring it back to their own anemone! I was worried about what to do and... normally I wouldn't do this... but I went to the beach and filled up a 5 gallon bucket with sea water for a water change (hopefully I didn't get any sewage in the tank...). The anemone has since come back quite a bit and is fully extended but is still a fairly pale color. Does anyone think the feedings are enough or is there anything else I could do?

Oh, also the tentacles changed to long tentacles instead of the bubbles :(
but I have heard this happens to a long of people

It's still in the middle of the xenia though

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I went to the beach and filled up a 5 gallon bucket with sea water for a water change (hopefully I didn't get any sewage in the tank...)
So you went from a salt mix to natural sea water? I wouldn't have done that, especially that you got it from the shoreline. Most people that collect NSW do it in an area where they know it's definately clean-usually off shore a ways in a boat.

Tanks are all about stability. Salt mixes and natural sea water aren't close enough to be balanced between the 2.

I could be wrong in my thinking but that's just how I feel.

Good luck with the nem.

cono

Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Just keep feeding it and the color will come back ...and realize they have a mind of there own ..i had 2 then one of them desided to split now i have 3 and the clowns are taking care of all 3

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: