andylee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My RBTA has suffered through several lighting changes with no issues. The most recent was going from 2x250 halides and 4 54 watt t5s to a new led (64 x 3 watt). The halides were only on for 3 hours a day for about two weeks while waiting for the LEDs to be made.

I only have it turned up about 60%. The anemone has withdrawn into his hole about 2 days after the change.

So, the question is: is this too much or too little lighting. Sends like it is acting like it's too much, but i'm not sure. I don't have a par meter. To the eye, the LED is less intense than the halide t5 combo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
How many hours per day are you running the LED's?

Other variables also need to be taken into account..how deep is the tank..what size is the tank, how long has the anemone been in there, has anything changed with your flow or parameters.

Are any of your corals reacting badly to the LED's (though it might be too early to tell)?

It could be hiding for many reasons.

I would think that it has every right to be pouting with all of the recent lighting changes. As long as you are gently acclimating your corals to the new LED's, the anemone may just need some time to adjust.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: