irvp13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I temp acclimate everything, corals and CUC I empty half the bag water and then add a cup of my water in to the bag, I do this again after 15 mins wait another 15 and put them in the tank.

Fish and inverts I drip after the floating the bag for 20 mins.

JarviZ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey what's up Antonio? I for one dont quarantine anything. I've gotten lucky so far with no issues. I do dip my coral and always make sure the fish looks and swims healthy before buying though.

But then again I don't have thousand dollars worth of live stock either

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Hi my fellow NYkers! My 1st post so be gentle. It looks like from reading 3 pages of posts seems like nobody quarantines their livestock? Am i missing something?
NOT true...sorry you got that impression...I have a separate system set up to QT all fish, usually for 6-8 weeks, before they go in the main tank.
It is definitely the way to go!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOT true...sorry you got that impression...I have a separate system set up to QT all fish, usually for 6-8 weeks, before they go in the main tank.
It is definitely the way to go!

Whew thanks! I started to think u guys had some trick to avoid diseases.
I read somewhere that only 4 weeks was necessary in QT? Supposedly in that period of time any sign of disease would show up esp. ICK.

felix tesler

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ok this is the true guide lines for aclimation all fish must be aclimated for no less then 30min for more delicate fish i would say 1 hour you should use a clean dish remove all the contents into the dish get a slim tube and drip (cyphone) the water from your tank into the dish 1 drop per second

Corals can not go into salinity shock but can be affected by rapid temp change thats why you do not need to acclimate corals just float the bag in your tank for 30 min

hope this helps

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: