Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey mr,
i just recently bought my first green bubble tip anenome. i acclimated him for 1 hour drip... put him in the tank and placed it by a rock. it atached it self to the rock and then i went down stairs to eat and ran out out to the store about 2 hours later i got home and he had moved over a foot and was within an inch of my powerhead. i turned the power head off and now he is just floating around my tank on the bottom should i do anything to him or let him just wonder.... I'm worried it will find its self a home somewhere i can't see it. btw he never touched the powerhead no damage!

rambler67

Addicted to MR
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
When I got my first nem a few people directed me to this site for info: http://www.karensroseanemones.net/

It really helped...you're definitely going to have to cover your powerhead...that's how I lost my first nem...it's not a pretty sight...I came home to find a milky white tank.

Thanks for the link. looks like i got lucky so far with mine he moved about 6 inch when i put him in and has been there ever since and its been around 2 months so far.

Good luck with your new nem.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
You can use covers like the ones for the vortech, you can also buy filter foam and cut it into think sheets and use a rubber band.

That is a problem with anemones they walk where they want. Any pics of the anemone?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 inch bubble tip

Here mine when he got super close to the power head

DSC_0006.jpg

ruha456

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Awesome link rambler good info on there, and thanks for the advice guys I lost my rbta last week in my power head and now I know how to cover it because I definitely want to get another one. I have a gbta in there now and bought a purple one yesterday don't want these bad boys getting in there.

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
Bubble tips in general like most anemones will move til it likes a spot and it'll stay there unless parms change drastically in your tank and it'll move again.I placed mine on a rock stood there for one day and now it found itself on the sandbed.

stooops718

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I used to feed it krill once a week. Now i never feed it and on occasion the clowns will being food into it.

+1 on not feeding. They just get whatever floats around when I feed my fish and corals. I am thinking about starting to feed it 1/2 silverside once a week for it to grow quicker. I have spotted my smallest clown "the boy?" bringing it food and nudging around in it but the BTA is too small right now for it to fully host.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Anything that comes from the supermarket contains phosphastes or sulfates unless its literally from the water to your kitchen.

I lost three ritteri anemones when i was younger from shrimp that i was told was not previously frozen. Guess who reimbursed me for animals SHOPRITE.

The clerk admitted to his boss that he didnt know.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: