Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats up MR,

so i have been setting up my tank and its been running for about 7 months and trying to do everything slowly, next on my list is a protein skimmer..... just cant figure out witch one i should get. any ideas what are you guys using. i have a 75 gallon with a 40 sump, but im planing to go to a 125-180 in the near future. so i would like to get a protein skimmer that maybe can handle tthat size, it couldnt hurt to have a larger skimmer on a smaller system right?

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Swc or bubble nac either would do i own both and love them both but my first choice would be swc...

While i agree, swc makes a good skimmer, i will never buy from swc as he steals patented ideas and illegally imports sea life. He is a true scumbag and i boycott him out of principle. He has been sued more than once for patent infringement (he blatantly steals patented skimmers, etc...he also stole PaulB's majano wand and made cheap dangerous copies in china), and was recently brought up on illegal importing charges.
The only reason he makes good skimmers is bc he steals other companies designs and makes cheaper copies!

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
had no idea PaulB created the wand.

Wonder why swc has not been sued into closure of its operation. Sounds like a sneaky guy being able to illegally import large shipments into the US.

While i agree, swc makes a good skimmer, i will never buy from swc as he steals patented ideas and illegally imports sea life. He is a true scumbag and i boycott him out of principle. He has been sued more than once for patent infringement (he blatantly steals patented skimmers, etc...he also stole PaulB's majano wand and made cheap dangerous copies in china), and was recently brought up on illegal importing charges.
The only reason he makes good skimmers is bc he steals other companies designs and makes cheaper copies!

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Oh he'll yeah Bobby !!!! The I- tech skimmer is a monster skimmer but I don't think the company is around anymore which is a shame cause it works great but other than you Alex and myself I don't know of anybody else that has one , lol total shame

I agree. Hands down the best skimmer I've owned. Bobby has it now!
There is an i-Tech 100 for sale on RC. I don't know the guy selling it though.

To the op, I 110% agree with the above about SWC.

In general, try to get a good pump.. Sicce 1000, Tunze hydrofoamer, bubble blasters... Those are good pumps to start.
If you go the cheaper route like an atman, be sure to buy a replacement

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
ha
ha
ha

I read your entire tank anniversary thread, post by post and you are def very very handy and creative but did not think that the wand you used to kill wild mojanos by the deck was your design.

I assume if it was patented that you received pay for your damages or for stolen idea prior to patent.

Did you think it was Paris Hilton? :)

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I assume if it was patented that you received pay for your damages or for stolen idea prior to patent.

I don't really understand this sentence, but I patented the thing, Some companies stole it and tried to sell it but I hold a patent pending on it.
The main company that stole it had cheap imitations made in China and one even went on fire. I don't think they sell them anymore and I think the owner of that company is going to jail anyway for a related charge.
On the MajanoWand.com site there is a biography of how I came about building the thing.

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
What i meant was that I hope you sued the company that copied your wand and that you received monetary compensation through a court settlement.

I don't really understand this sentence, but I patented the thing, Some companies stole it and tried to sell it but I hold a patent pending on it.
The main company that stole it had cheap imitations made in China and one even went on fire. I don't think they sell them anymore and I think the owner of that company is going to jail anyway for a related charge.
On the MajanoWand.com site there is a biography of how I came about building the thing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: