CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
That's interesting...

I took some successful pics with my tank under RB and B only. (I'm running AI SOL Blues) I would assume that royal blue + blue is the most blue that blue can get in a tank lol, so that is almost LIKE moonlights. I took some pics taken by my Hasselblad H4D-60 (Amazingggggg Camera), and had the same, if not better image resolution.

Refraction and Reflection should also be taken into consideration IMO. Convex lenses, Concave lenses, settings on the camera, and correct light settings on your tank all can give you some really sweet pics under the blues.

powderblue

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you Want to, first get a white balance on your tank, the custom light setting. Then it won't be as blue. :)

Yes Im too lazy to white balance my tank too. Hahahaa

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
That's interesting...

I took some successful pics with my tank under RB and B only. (I'm running AI SOL Blues) I would assume that royal blue + blue is the most blue that blue can get in a tank lol, so that is almost LIKE moonlights.

not really... depending on the type of moonlights that he has, it may be a dim type where he would need to increase the ISO to compensate for a lack of light. Then he would need to adjust settings.

RB/B will still be well lit with an AI, albeit it will be blue... but it would still allow for bright shots.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: