Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So I really want to get a Goby and came very close to buying one today. I resisted because I need to know more about the feeding of these fish.

Liveaquaria.com says diet should include a variety of mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, table shrimp, and frozen preparations for carnivores. It should be fed at least twice per day.

So here is my question. One obviously cannot use an auto feeder with wet food. So if one is not home every day to feed the goby twice a day, what are the other options? Please keep my tank in mind, I have a 34 gallon solana, thread link below.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vyzzzf

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
They will both do just fine with a regular feeding a day along with the other fish. Yes, a couple of smaller feedings is better than one big one but you shouldn't have a problem. I would think that either could be acclimated to eat pellets as well.

Were you thinking of a pistol shrimp to keep along with them?

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Fish will always be fine for a couple of days without food. If you're going away for a longer period of time that's when training them onto pellets would help. You can always add pellets to an autofeeder. If you have someone you can trust then a fishsitter would be great.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: