chefsreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know what i am doing wrong my hammers and frogspawns keep dieing off. i do bi weekly water change 25 %. i test bi weekly. all levels r good. i feed 3 times a week. dont know what im doin wrong.
funny thing m RBA is doin great.

chefsreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lights are t5, now the hammer i have left on top of rocks med 2 high flow. the hammer and frow i lost bottom but full light med flow. coral band shrimp,tiger pistol shrimp, peperment shrimp, mix of snails, blue and red legged herment crabs.

Coralreefer1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They tend to like moderate flow at best, subdued lighting and nutrients in the water, plus they will catch brine or mysis shrimp.

It is always a good practice to move a coral that isn't displaying optimal results where it has been. Better to move the one coral that isn't responding well where it is at than to alter your water parameters that might degrade the other corals in your tank that initially are doing well.

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
mines enjoy gentle indirect flow. i've bleached some heads from too much light so moderate lighting/lower placement is best. i do a 5 gal wc on my solana every week, week and a half or so

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
[PDF OVERLAY][/PDF OVERLAY]i feed 3 times a week. dont know what im doin wrong.[PDF OVERLAY][/PDF OVERLAY]
First off there are alot of things that are not clear. You say you feed but do you feed them directly? If so you might be over feeding them. Don't feed them it's not necessary.

2. Are you adding anything buffers etc?

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
ok stop fully or cut down. and no i dont add and buffers.
You didn't say if you were feeding directly this is important. I say this all the time if you feed them too much solid foods you can kill them. I would stop feeding them completly. Again it's not necessary...

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
pH 8 , ammonia 0, nitrite 0, and nitrate0, calcium 540 , carbonate hardness 107.4, phosphate .25ppm, magnesium 1600

3. Your nitrates are at '0' you don't have to do so many water changes if that's the case. That's not necessary...

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: