mbgrubb15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey MR,

For the past 2 weeks my frogspawn has been shrinking. One day it was so plump and healthy looking and the next day it started shrinking.

Nothing has changed in my water the parameters are still the same as always. Ammonia: 0
Nitrates: 10 - 20 (Could never really get them to 0 but everything else seems to thrive in my tank)

I did get a new fish but it does not go near the frogspawn.

I have a 25 gallon and have done a 5 gallon water change twice in the last two weeks.

thanks

mbgrubb15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yes. it seems to expand more after the water change. But after yesterday's water change it shriveled up. I would be though today it will look better when i get home. But not as plump and healthy as it used to be.

TonyHNY

Back from a break
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Try hard to get rid of the Nitrates (either through more water changes or small water changes with closer intervals) or reduce feeding. It is also possible you may have some phosphate readings too.

mbgrubb15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
a couple small zoa colonies, golden torch, xenia (that is going big), rbta

Thats pretty much it. and like i said it was always doing well. Last night i actually changed out my chemi pure bag with a new one. i think that might help it out some.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Anytime you change water or do something to inprove water quality it will help. Just keep in mind that the total volume you have doesn't leave much room for dilution of any thing the corals are giving off. Not sure how much zoas can affect it but some are toxic to humans as well. The torch is the same family so most likely would not be that bad for it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the filter pads are they clean, maybe change of carbon. Less feeding i have one and it grows like crazy. your Nitrate are high. At lest that's what i think i do water changes every week good luck..

pmark85

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I had one head of frogspawn that was doing well then shrunk and shriveled before splitting into a few heads

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: