shmibly

True Maggot
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It had been about a month and a half that I have had my green star polyps and I lOVE them, but they wont spread?.at all. I purchased it not encrusted to any rock, so when I got it home I dipped it and then glued to a piece of my lr. The tentacles themselves have gotten noticeably longer, but the mat hasnt encrusted to the rock?It's in an area of high flow (which it seems to like) and its under 108 watts of HO t5 lighting. Any ideas? Thanks

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Question... did you pop out of your mom's belly the size of you right now? Obviously not. It took seconds/hours/days/months/years/decades for you to develop to where you are now. So the same way you needed to wait to grow out.... so do you have to wait again to watch coral grow.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Nah, if the coral has survived a month you're doing it right. Just give them time, here's another logic:

It took the earths reefs millions of years to become what they are, and we want ours to do it in a year.

Courtesy of masterswimmer...I may not have worded it exactly how he does, but you get the point

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Dont let that get onto rocks you cannot take outor it will consume your tank.
I have to cut mine back 2 or 3 times a year.

I dont even have it on rock, it sits on the sand and grows like crazy.

jimidalock

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Gsp

It will grow, trust me!!!

Attachments

• GSP.jpg
    GSP.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 234

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Pick up a other piece of coral and focus on why that one isn't growing. Before long you forget about the GSP and suddenly you notice the GSP is taking off. But now you are more interested in why your new piece isn't growing. So you go out and pick up another piece of coral and focus on that instead. And then suddenly you notice ...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: