FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
Should i add substrate to my new frag tank -
skimmer or no skimmer ( if so .. Which one ) - type of lighting ( leaning towards par 38 )
frag tank measurement are 24" x 20" x 8.5"
thanks in advance for your input

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 203

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
just put an air stone in it and do 50% week water change.

the trick is not to add fish.. but i always do.. lol

and for those who voted yes on prop. skimmer why? for 1 there isnt going to be a good skimmer that fits in that tank, and two its just so easy to do with water changes. am I missing something?

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I Kristina like the sense of security a skimmer gives you. I guess if ypi don't add any fish,do weekly water changes religiously and run carbon, you could get away without running a skimmer. I'm just a sucker for modern technology, as long as it works:teeth:

Last edited:

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
+4 on a BB tank. I would also make the eggcrate smaller so that you can syphon out the detritus which will settle underneath it. I have a similar frag tank where I drilled a hole and have it running on my main system. It'll keep the temp in check.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Def bare bottom and agree with the making egg crate smaller because if anything falls or you need to get under there you gotta take the hole tank apart. Your best bet would be to do 2 pieces of egg crate instead of one so at least you can pull off half instead of the whole thing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: