madhouse

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I added a CBB to my 75 Gallon tank today and my Yellow tang just kept going after him... had to take him out and put him in another tank i had thankfully... why did that happen..? tank consists of (1) 3" Yellow tang, (3) 1" Chromis, (1) say 1.5" 6 Line, and (1) 1.5" Chalk Bass...

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Yellow tang can be very aggressive and fight with a lot of fish. CBB aren't that aggressive and need to be keep with peaceful fish. What happen, the yellow tang attacking the CBB, was very expected. The yellow tang may leave the CBB alone in time or keep attacking him until the CBB stress out and dies.

nycitaliano9

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
i feel the same my salfin was a gift so i kept him for 7 months now he got so big he needs 75 gallon or more

Attachments

• gyhuy.jpg
    gyhuy.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
nah he will just harrass him for about 24 hrs or so thats what mine does to any new fish, i also had a CBB but he lost the battle to ick, not to the YT...just give it some time and dont stress, and hopefully there is enough room for them to find their own territories....:Up_to_som

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
CBB are very delicate to begin with, not to mention that they're hard to get to eat, and anything that is going to stress it out should be removed from the tank until the CBB gets a good foot hold in the tank.

A YT will stress it out enough to cause it to not come out and probably not eat. There isn't a set time that the YT will stop going at the CBB and since the tank isn't that large the YT will probably keep going back at the CBB.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
druluv said:
Yellow tangs and any tangish looking fish don't get along.
Not true at all. YT tangs can be mixed with many other tangs without any problems. You will have problems mixing one then one YT together but a lot of other tangs or other fish wouldn't be any problem.

druluv said:
If the CBB can survive the tangs first flury, then it will be ok.

Just because the CBB can survive the first flury from the YT tang doesn't mean it's going to be alright. The YT many consistantly continue to attack and harasse the CBB, and depending on the size of the tank the CBB could become very stressed out and spend most of it's time hiding.

If the fish was a Hippo or Kole tang or maybe a pygmy angel or a stronger more aggressive fish then I would said that would be true, but a CBB doens't fit that type of fish.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
druluv said:
Yellow tangs and any tangish looking fish don't get along.

not necc. true... its all about luck and personality of the fish... i got 3 tangs in my 75 gallon tank and all hang wit each other... blue hippo 2", yellow tang 2", and powder blue 3+" and there all friends....

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: