Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've attached a video. I was wondering what's the best mode to keep it on. I've read lagoon or short pulse then also in other forums have read that reef crest is the one. Just curious what everyone thinks. Right now I switched it to short pulse at 60%

The video I have it on reef crest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN_FzID8pVo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks everyone hope I posted in the right section. Just installed the app on my iPhone.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Vanilla, chocolate or strawberry? Lagoon, Reef Crest or Pulse?

What's good for one person will be terrible for someone else. The reason EcoTech programmed a variety of options into their system is to accommodate various tastes.

Try each setting, try different intensities, see how well your critters respond, adjust accordingly, set it and forget it. Whatever anyone else suggests is good for them....not necessarily good for you.

Russ

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good point!! I'm gonna mess with it and see what my tank and I like. I gotta say so far the short pulse is working for myself and my corals. The frogspawn opened up on the short pulse. The lagoon I think they didn't like so much.

Short pulse for now...

Thanks Russ!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like reef crest cus i think it simulartes the ocean more than anything else

Do you find it's too much do your BC29? Also what % is it on? Just curious because my tank didn't seem to like it unless I needed to give it more time. My frogspawn is closed up since adding the MP10 but on pulse mode has come around a bit.

budddman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Honestly, i can run my mp10 on full blast in reef crest mode in my nano 24 with no ill effects. Granted my tank is mostly sps, i do have a torch and hammer coral. I put these guys in places where they dont get direct flow.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Reefs

rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Do you find it's too much do your BC29? Also what % is it on? Just curious because my tank didn't seem to like it unless I needed to give it more time. My frogspawn is closed up since adding the MP10 but on pulse mode has come around a bit.
i have a 24x24 and i dont get the real coverage from the one mp10 so i have to get another just to get the coverage for my tank but you have to place the frog spawn where theres not much flow. i have mine at 75%

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: