Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i just started my new salt water tank(never had one before) currently im 1 and a half week in to my cycling but i cant wait so i got hermit crabs and snails and damsels in there, now my problem is if they'll die lol and im worrying everyday but they're still alive.. so to all you experts out there, i just wanna know if theres a chance they'll live thru the whole cycling and give me a peace of mind my black ladies ( my wife name the damsels lol) will live and i wont end up with a empty tank. heres
pictures! im learning how to take good pictures

how do you upload photos on this thing ;[ by the way first time on this site recommended by my buddie alvin lol and this is my first post..

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
#1... the damsels may most likely make it... as they are hardy fish. However do understand that you will be punishing these fish as during the cycle ammonia will tend to burn their gills so they will be suffering. (imagine someone tying you down and pulling out your fingernails... yeah it's like that)
#2... that urchin will most likely not make it as they need an established tank to live in with lots of algae to eat. Return the urchin or give it away to someone that can properly take care of its needs.

I am really not sure why you are in such a rush to add livestock to a tank that is not properly set up to sustain life. IMO... take all of your livestock back to the local fish store and go through the cycle properly. Then add life when it is ready.
What you ask for now... may end up clearly disappointing you, because you are trying to take shortcuts.

:supermad:

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
+1 to what skene said. Id like to add that the damsels will get VERY aggressive after being put thru a cycle. They will most likely go after anything you add afterwards.
Nothing happens fast in this hobby except bad things. Go slow and have some patience and you will enjoy your tank that much more

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: