arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
After doing some research i came to the conclusion that it would be a good idea in purchasing a protein skimmer for my tank. I have a 50 gallon tank with the sump in the back of it. I also have 2 percula clownfish but i will be adding more fish over time as well as some soft corals.

-What are your thoughts on the skimmer i should buy? (co-current or not)
-Is there any other equipment i should buy along with the skimmer to make the tank healthy?

( I am going to be upgrading my tank after i have experienced in this hobby so i would like to purchase a "bigger" skimmer so i dont have to buy a new one when i decide it's time to upgrade)
- If i forgot anything else important please let me know. I attached a pic of the tank to get a better look.

Attachments

• pic of ttank.jpg
    pic of ttank.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 227

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What tank are you looking to upgrade into?
When are you thinking about upgrading?

If it is soon, I would consider waiting.

Not in the very near future. I have this tank up and running about a month or so and its my first tank. If i were to upgrade then it would be into a 100+ gallon tank

Last edited:

REEFLECTIONS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
years ago i had a bh-100. i didn't really like it much, it was a hassle to clean and maintain, and i didn't think it performed that well on my heavily stocked 40 breeder. they may have made changes in the years since i had one, but i just google image searched it and it looks exactly the same. jmo

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
years ago i had a bh-100. i didn't really like it much, it was a hassle to clean and maintain, and i didn't think it performed that well on my heavily stocked 40 breeder. they may have made changes in the years since i had one, but i just google image searched it and it looks exactly the same. jmo

ok. thanks for the advice. I however decided that a protein skimmer isnt necessary as of now. I will definatly keep a heads up when i decide on buying one.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
They aren't necessary but your reef will definitely benefit from one.

Since your new ill give you a little advice. Do not over feed an make sure you rinse any frozen food.

Research what skimmer you would like an keep and eye out in the for sale section. Occasionally you can get some very good deals.

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They aren't necessary but your reef will definitely benefit from one.

Since your new ill give you a little advice. Do not over feed an make sure you rinse any frozen food.

Research what skimmer you would like an keep and eye out in the for sale section. Occasionally you can get some very good deals.

I am making sure i dont overfeed and i try to maintain the tank as best as possible lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: