haiyzues

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My blue hippo tang will only eat spirulina brine shrimp and formula 1 and formula 2 flakes, i tried to get him to eat frozen seaweed with and without garlic and selcon as well as purple, red and green nori, he wont eat any of those. Are there any ways to get certain fish to eat these foods? thanks for any help in advance!

haiyzues

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks for the input, I just thought nori was a necessary part of their diet, everytime I feed him, he goes crazy. I was thinking maybe I don't feed him enough, how often should he eat? I also have two clownfish

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Thanks for the input, I just thought nori was a necessary part of their diet, everytime I feed him, he goes crazy. I was thinking maybe I don't feed him enough, how often should he eat? I also have two clownfish

Hippo tangs are pigs. They eat everything. Feed him nori everyday if you can. He will learn to eat seeing other fish eat frozen food. Once it does, it will be hooked to everything.

No worries.

Sunny

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Everyone will have different opions on feeding but me I feed my Hippo 2-3 times a day and he's fat and happy. Make sure to keep an eye on your nitrates though sinces tangs are poop machines, I get away with feeding my fish that much cause I vodka dose but thats a subject for a different thread.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: