ChrisB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Can someone post there timers and what percentages they have there w,b and rb on? I am looking to set my timers up. Currently I have 1 timer on 3pm to 12am w37% b 90% rb90% I love the extra blue look. I was told by a lfs to atleast have my whites peak in mid day up to 90% 13" above wl .Then I was told by other people that this is too strong Opinions please. I have 1 frag of superman monti, red chalice , 3 diff zoas , frog spawn , 1 blue acor frag , 1 florida ricordia ,and gsp.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
It is very hard to say what to have them set to. The first thing that I would tell you is not to take the word of a person from a LFS. No offense to that person, and I don't know which store you went to.

But each tank can be different. I have my sols on my 75 about 10 awl and I never hit 90% on whites and par readings were pretty good. If you really want to set them "properly" see if you can get your hands on a PAR meter and then you can gauge what the percentages should be.

But you can also just ramp them up slowly and see how the corals look.

Without knowing everything about your tank it is very hard to just say what percentages and what height they should be. It is not an exact science.....

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
I would say its deff to o much right off the back u can bleach all ur corals with those settings. U have to adjust it slowly like thirty5 said and see how ur corals react to the lite. I have 3 over my 100 gallon rimless and my white peak at 65 only. And I have a mix of sps and lps.

ChrisB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I would say its deff to o much right off the back u can bleach all ur corals with those settings. U have to adjust it slowly like thirty5 said and see how ur corals react to the lite. I have 3 over my 100 gallon rimless and my white peak at 65 only. And I have a mix of sps and lps.
Ken can you post your timers please? right now I have 1 timer going from 3pm - 12 am w37 b 90 rb 90. I was told by Aquatic obsessions in nj that the blues dont matter that the white would bleach corals. I just want to get a good set of timers going. new frags I been place at bottom for a week then brining them up. I will just adjust my peak 5% a week to adjust them when I change timers.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I was told by Aquatic obsessions in nj that the blues dont matter that the white would bleach corals. .

No offense to the LFS employee, but that is completely WRONG. Blue can (and does) very easily bleach corals. This isn't the PC days where only the white light bulbs produced the photosynthetic energy corals require.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Here's a reference:
12 hour photoperiod with slow ramp ups and downs, 2 hour peak @ 60% whites & 75% blues.
#5, 7 & 9 are ten minute cloud covers and #14 is for the lunar cycle.

photo-1.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: