• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
You can buy them bottled and seed your tank with them and then they wil just grow. You can also just get some macro from someone which will 99.99999% have pods in it.

There are different kinds. Is there a reason that you want pods? To feed certain fish?

Copepods are the favorites of Mandarins.

I never put any in my tank and I have some HUGE buggers growing in my fuge.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Ok, they will just probably appear on their own. If you put any frags in your system and did not QT or dip them first, then you may already have them. But you can just buy a bottle if you really want to dump them in your tank.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Best advice.

Start a large fuge. People say to double your Dt. My Dt 12 gallons - my fuge 20+ gallons. Try to go as large as possible.

Then buy or ask for macro algae from as many people as you can for diversity.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
If you get it from someones macro then you know it grows well in a home tank. When you get it in a bottle it may not propagate (but most likely will). But yes there is a chance of picking up something you don't want.

rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
If you get it from someones macro then you know it grows well in a home tank. When you get it in a bottle it may not propagate (but most likely will). But yes there is a chance of picking up something you don't want.
those bottled ones will propagate if given the right tank parameters. those pods reproduce like wild fire. its like having sex w/o a condom man using someone elses chaeto and throwing it in ur tank. u may or may not get burned but y take a risk?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: