beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
This is the primary difference between a reef tank and a FOWLR tank. If you want fish that will eat inverts, consider a non-reef.

I had an eel in a reef tank at one point, and I budgeted for a new cleanup crew every month or so, since it would take him about that long to go through one. It was worth it for me, since I loved having the eel, but it got expensive.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Try elbow grease. I think CUC is oversold. They really just do light house keeping. When things are out of kilter they don't do the job. And if they did they would starve when you have things running well.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Try elbow grease. I think CUC is oversold. They really just do light house keeping. When things are out of kilter they don't do the job. And if they did they would starve when you have things running well.

I like beerfish's idea better lol... since I am keeping coral I will just have to be careful about what the fish I get will eat. Was just wondering what everyone else does...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: