LavaToad

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I tried asking this before but didn't get any responses so I'll try again. I am looking to upgrade the PC lights on my 24g JBJ cube. Does anyone know if a 70w viper MH or an ecoxotic par38 led bulb would be better?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
get a kessil 150 led thats what i have on my 24g nanocube and i had 150w sunpod mh which broke and was energy consuming and gives off alot of heat...... corals look amazing, and the light has a nice color with shimmer and electric bill looking good and chiller not overworked

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I just don't think it would be enough of an improvement to warrant spending the cash. Plus there arent too many 70 watt bulbs out there. That's just me though. I do like the kessil idea. Or maybe a 150 watt halide. See if you can find a sunpod used. They would heat the tank up a bit though.

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
are you trying to go topless or looking for something you can retrofit in the stock jbj hood?

if you wanna keep the clean look with the hood on then I suggest you just DIY some LEDs in there. if you want topless then go with what they mentioned above...

LavaToad

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you trying to go topless or looking for something you can retrofit in the stock jbj hood?

if you wanna keep the clean look with the hood on then I suggest you just DIY some LEDs in there. if you want topless then go with what they mentioned above...

Last time I tried DIY led they shorted out in about a month lol

I was thinking of going topless mostly because the arms on my jbj hood broke, the hood fell on the floor, and the splash guard is now cracked... Plus the lift up feeding lid is also broken off. Basically its just a mess of duct tape...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: