Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi, I'm new, still learning and on a budget.

I don't have a sump system but wanted to add Chaetomorpha algae.
So I put it in a netted bag and its floating in my tank till I have find a good way to have it there that also looks pretty. - I don't have coral yet, Making sure I've fully matured and ready, system is 4 months in.

Was adding Chaetomorpha algae to the Main display in this manner a Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Any Other suggestions? Any Suggestions how I can house it in my main display without having it float around or lookng as bad as it does now?

See my Pic below...Hope this works....
IMG_3881.jpg

andylee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Would try to get it out

First of all, it's not very attractive, per your comments.
Secondly and more importantly, it's difficult to control. It can overgrow your corals. Every so often, a few strands get pumped from my sump into my display. I always try to get it out.
Third, I don't see your picture.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
There are plenty of display tank type of macro algae you can get that you dont need to keep in a separate container.
Depending on what kind of fish you have, you can try ulva, red gracilaria, certain types of calerpa. I have had many different kinds growing in my display and encouraged them to get as big as they could. Never had problems removing them.
I would not worry about the bag. Just place it in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: