rr318284

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
hi i have 90 gal rr tank with 30 gal sump i have 3 clowns 2 chromis 1 damsel a pair of mccosker flashers and a prawn goby all of them r still small i want to get an achiles tang i will keep as the only tang the question is that is 90 gal tank big enough for achilies i need some advice i will not get the tang if that tank is to small LMK what u guys think please

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
hi i have 90 gal rr tank with 30 gal sump i have 3 clowns 2 chromis 1 damsel a pair of mccosker flashers and a prawn goby all of them r still small i want to get an achiles tang i will keep as the only tang the question is that is 90 gal tank big enough for achilies i need some advice i will not get the tang if that tank is to small LMK what u guys think please

No 90g is not good for an achilles. Achilles tangs are extremely sensitive, and have very high care requirements.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
you asked if a 90 was big enough ,if not you wont get it.advise was given to you and you still ask the question in a different form. wait to you get a 300 and go from there. last i heard there isnt a shortage of achilles tangs

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
This is from Live Aquaria, that you may understand the why:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+43+325&pcatid=325
Care Level: Expert Only
A 180 gallon aquarium or larger is necessary to provide plenty of swimming room,and these fishes require strong water flow as they are normally found in surge zones. It is aggressive towards other Tangs and Surgeonfish, but peaceful with other fish

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
you asked if a 90 was big enough ,if not you wont get it.advise was given to you and you still ask the question in a different form. wait to you get a 300 and go from there. last i heard there isnt a shortage of achilles tangs

+1 well said duke62

Now forum is one of the best places to take advice!
Take note Achilles Tangs are not cheap, price range from $180-$250 and these are meant for "expert only". If purchase from a LFS these are usually not quaratine correctly, and usually are not eating. These fish are not easy to get to eat, and if you have other fishes in the same tank, he probably get bully, and will be threaten. Therefore, eventually your fish will die of starvation. These are also known to develope ick very fast from stress. Just a FYI

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
You don't want this to happen to you.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1346349165.933626.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1346349165.933626.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 146

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: