haiyzues

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hi all I currently run 6 bulbs on My 75 gallon. I want to know if I can only use 4 bulbs. I don't have my rockwork all he way to the top and I only have softies lps and zoas. Any input guys? Thanks for your time

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
You can run just one set of lights on your 75, if you were looking to conserve energy. However keep in mind that if you do, if you have any particular corals that require decent amounts of light placed at the bottom of the tank they may not enjoy the lack thereof.
There is always an exception to the rule... so try it, and if your corals do not like it... you will be able to tell.

haiyzues

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You can run just one set of lights on your 75, if you were looking to conserve energy. However keep in mind that if you do, if you have any particular corals that require decent amounts of light placed at the bottom of the tank they may not enjoy the lack thereof.
There is always an exception to the rule... so try it, and if your corals do not like it... you will be able to tell.

You mean just two bulbs?

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
no. If you have a 6 bulb fixture. 1 switch controls 2 bulbs, and the other should control 4 bulbs on that fixture. So keep the switch that controls 2 bulbs off and only utilize that 1 switch that controls 4 bulbs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: