Rating - 100%
54   0   0
So I setup my tank, it's already cycling and I'm not that too happy with the plumbing setup (Flex hose and tubing). Anyone here know how to do good clean plumbing work? I heard FuManChu is pretty good. Sent him a PM already. Please send me a message if you recommend someone. Thanks.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I always have better results with flex hoses and tubing. Much less noise.

What exactly don't you like about yours?

Thanks for the reply. First, the flexible hose that goes into my sump is in the way (in front of the skimmer, also I don't have too much room to play as my cabinet space is limited) is kinda cumbersome specially when tryng to remove the collection cup on the skimmer. Then, if I have to disconnect the return pump at some point, it will be a pain the way it is now. I don't know, i'd just like a cleaner looking setup. Everyone tells me it looks good, maybe it's my OCD about these things. LOL

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Sanman, I had the same issue. I bought a replacement 1 1/4" hose cuff that threads right onto the flex hose from a pool supply store. I cut the flex hose down and screwed on the replacement cuff. Reattached and now my drain goes straight down into my sump and no blocking my skimmer cup! It sucks though cause the part is $1.99 and the shipping was like $15... I should have bought like 5 more to have extras... If your drain hose goes to larger than 1" PVC then you can get away with the standard 1 1/2" cuff that most pool stores will carry.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Thanks for the reply. First, the flexible hose that goes into my sump is in the way (in front of the skimmer, also I don't have too much room to play as my cabinet space is limited) is kinda cumbersome specially when tryng to remove the collection cup on the skimmer. Then, if I have to disconnect the return pump at some point, it will be a pain the way it is now. I don't know, i'd just like a cleaner looking setup. Everyone tells me it looks good, maybe it's my OCD about these things. LOL

if your limited on space have flex tubing might make it easier to do things under the tank as you can push things aside to allow access or movement for you to work. just a thought, i do agree that hard piped systems looked neater to the eye

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Thanks guys, I'm gonna work on it in a few days when I get my Apex and my two new AI Vega Color units. I'm gonna rearrange the hoses with a friend of mine. It's a little tight in there but I'd like to make it easier when the time comes to disconnect pumps for maintenance, etc..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: