AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Just polling opinions on the use of dips before introducing new livestock into the aquarium.

Do you recommend it? If so, what exactly do you use? Do you do this in addition to quarantine, or instead of quarantine?

How exactly is it done?

Thanks everyone.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I did not at first but I do now, it's deff I think a must unless you know the tank it's coming from but then still. I've killed off so many parasites and little worms of corals that I couldent even see till I saw it left behind in the dip water, I like to use API melafix it kills a variety of things that's y I like it. But rly any dip Is good

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
use to just dip fresh and place in tank, that backfired...long story short im in the process of turning my 30 gal fresh into a frag/quarantine tank...still intend to dip while qt'ing but will negate pests getting in display...redbugs and aefw suck ass

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I don't think any conscientious reefer should introduce ANY coral or rock into a system without at least treating with Flatworm Exit or Revive or the like. Addressing a pest after the fact is a whole lot harder than being proactive and addressing it before its introduced.

JMO

Russ

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
You need to keep in mind that even dipping will not remove all pests, some may come in as eggs which are not affected by coral dips.
Being proactive though can help alleviate problems that can arise by not dipping at all.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
You need to keep in mind that even dipping will not remove all pests, some may come in as eggs which are not affected by coral dips.
Being proactive though can help alleviate problems that can arise by not dipping at all.

Totally, absolutely, 100% agree. Not doing anything with regard to proactive, prophylactic treatment can only come back to bite you. Better safe than sorry.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: