OOtzie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
haha ... Photog !

I only have my phone to snap shot of my system but the light , Kessil350w:goldfish:, is throwing off too much blue. I have lowered it for a FTS but it looks crappy. Anybody know of an android capable picture app that can handle such issues?

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
A camera phone will not have the proper settings to really take a good pic under blues. You need to use a "real" camera.
Most phone cams only have settings like "florescent, cloudy, sunny....." But they wont have a custom white balance which is really the only way to take a pic under blues. Some dSLR even have a "k" (temp) setting, but never can get high enough to match the blue.

Sorry to say but seems like you are out of luck to take a "good colored" pic under blues with a camera phone.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Noone read the article I posted :sad2:

If you're having trouble getting accurate colors under extremely blue lighting and your camera does not allow you to manually set the white balance, try using the bluest white balance preset, usually the shady day setting. That gets you as close as your camera is capable of getting; the next step is to work on the photo in an image editing program such as Photoshop or Irfanview or one of the many graphics programs available, where you can try to remove the blue color cast.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: