james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
may sound odd but how do I kill my fish?

I have a damsel in my other tank that isnt doing well. His eye is huge and the other damsels have been picking at it. He doesn't look well and i rather put him out of his misery.

So is the best way an Ice bath? or preheat to 350 with a little olive oil?

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Have you tried curing it? Any medication? I mean I get it it's not worth it to buy $20 medication to save a $3 fish lol but a life is still a life. If killing it is the only option then the same way when you go fishing..chop it's head off. It's quick and painless and a hell of a lot less messy than pulling a Gallagher lmao

sjsoto

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I believe 'Diamonds of the reef' are still accepting fish for donation and they give it away after wards. Contact them to see if they'll take it. If they don't try to cure it. I understand the medication cost more than the fish, but when you purchased or accepted the fish it became your obligation to try your best to take care of it. If you still decide to kill it just chop of his head, its quick, less painful. Good luck with your decision.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: