Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I recently bought one about 5 days ago.
He's about 4", and from the past 3 days I seen ich on his body. Today when the lights turned on his body looked kind of swollen, I'm guessing by him scratching against the rocks..
His appetite is low.. I been feeding it shredded pieces of nori since that's all he eats even though he takes two or three pieces, and hides since his tank mates scurry around him

I unfortunately don't have a quarantine tank due to the lack of space
I'm asking if somebody can take him for the time being,nourish him back to health and get him to eat

I would REALLY APPRECCIATE it
Please lmk ASAP
Thanks in advance

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Even if the fish recovers, you would need to pull the rest of your fish and run fallow to lose the ich in the DT

Yes I know
I'm thinking of finding a way to build a quarantine tank
But meanwhile I want the powder blue to boost it's immune system up because my other fish are not showing any signs of it yet. They are all doing great

stbarnabas

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
You can bring it to me i have 40 gallon breeder hospital tank that im doing fresh water drip to lower the salinity ..but ill not responsible if it die ...

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
NEVER EVER buy a fish that is a species that is known for ich if you do not have a QT. Those fish are amazingly beautiful but there is a reason why not many reefers keep them. They are a fish recommended for expert only. Now your whole system is infected and you may lose more fish. My best recommendation is if you have to tear the tank apart to get your fish out you will only stress all the fish out and probably lose alot more fish. If you can get it out with minimum disturbance i would suggest getting it out and set up a 20 gallon with a HOB filter. a ten will certainly be to small and stressful for the fish

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
NEVER EVER buy a fish that is a species that is known for ich if you do not have a QT. Those fish are amazingly beautiful but there is a reason why not many reefers keep them. They are a fish recommended for expert only. Now your whole system is infected and you may lose more fish. My best recommendation is if you have to tear the tank apart to get your fish out you will only stress all the fish out and probably lose alot more fish. If you can get it out with minimum disturbance i would suggest getting it out and set up a 20 gallon with a HOB filter. a ten will certainly be to small and stressful for the fish

I know
But I guess some people learn the hard way... Experiences always teach you something new

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do
Starting with the PBT

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: