TNT280

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Hey everyone I have a Frag of Utter Chaos I bought the frag it had 3 polyps, it now has about 12 polyps and the color changed. Is this normal? I've had them for about 8 months now.

Check out the before and after photos

Thanks
Tony

Attachments

• utterchaosbefore.jpg
    utterchaosbefore.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 245
  • utterchaosafter.jpg
    utterchaosafter.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 226

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Wow thats a big change what light u keep them under ? R they in the shade
I know more light will turn them more Orange I got mines to open up the size of a nicle and they still look like the first pic

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Does this mean I can name them what ever I want....hahaha

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

you can name it whatever you want... but if it does not stay like that... then you are going to hear it from someone if you decide on selling and it changes back.

zoas morph colors all the time. I have eagle eyes that turned red and blue in some areas... doesn't mean jack as when it spreads again it will still be eagle eyes.

TNT280

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
H20, I got these from you , they grow really fast, my favorite zoas, once I upgraded from T5 to LED that's when I noticed they started changing I keep them.in the sand bed in the front of the tank , I would think they get exposed to a lot.if light. If you frag some more let me know I want to buy another frag see if the stay or change. They actually look awesome now...lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
:) them leds must be doing something different . I know people with MH & T5s that keep them with original color and yeah its also my fav zoa under t5 high light they get the Orange to pop a lot better in low t5 light they not as bright but the polyps get huge
I got a bunch of frags ready for the swap I post a tread soon need to register for swap first . But imo
Getting another frag will most likely turn out the same . Lmk if u want to trade I would love to see if they change back under T5
What kind of leds u keep them under ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: