skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Exactly... how much automation do you think you will end up needing?
If you are looking for a basic system, controlling lights/powerheads/heater, then all you need is the Reef Keeper Lite/Plus (Marine Depot right?). If you eventually want to control more in your system, then you will want to go with the Elite.

I have an RKL with 2 PC4, MLC, SL1 and I'm already at my limit. If you go with the Elite it allows for more expansion than 4 port outlets... so you can run additional probes, reactors etc etc...

Justcause0_1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
For right now I just need to control lights/heater/fans and I like the temp/ph probes.I may also control my powerheads but I don't want to get to a point where I am stuck and thinking that I should have went with something better.price is a factor but I want to only make this purchase once.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
You can control a lot with the RKL. I had one on my old 65G and I had 4 PC4's connected and running for over 2 years with no issues at all. It ran everything just fine.

Call up Russ at SaltwaterCritters, he'll square you away on what controller to go for to fit your budget with honesty, and not try to get a bigger sale out of you.

EXTREMELY stand up guy he is for sure!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: