dont know where to start but ...
3 months ago my tank had a mini crash, lost most of my sps, and tons of zoas melted.
I attributed this to my being neglectful and lazy. I couldnt figure out why. I did a few extra waterchanges and noted my fan over my tank died. temps did spike to the 90s. tested par and were all good.
I moved what i could to my office tank and they are thriving now.
I cleared out all the dead corals, and redid my rockwork in the meanwhile.
I got discouraged and stopped logging in to MR. for the last 2 month i am building everything back up again and things are doing well now.
recently I have been back on and I have read a few articles about reef crystals having a bad batch where tons of people also had a crazy crash out of nowhere.
Im not saying that it is the salt but it is what i have been using for years.
should i switch salts just in case?

sucks but I cant stay away from this hobby its still adicting to me

h2o

Wanna be clown fish pimp
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Yeah sorry to hear it happens to the best of us . It's a tough choice I use the h2o salt its expensive I had great success using it and summer months had a mini crash turned out it was bad refractometer so I'm also getting things to normal , I hear some people have mix reviews on the h2o salt so I can't even recommend it

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Sorry to hear about it... Unfortunately salt is a always a matter of preference. I've switched salt so many times that I cannot even begin to recommend one over another as I havent seen much of a change between them.. But always whenever switching to the next brand, always just go with small WC amounts so that any changes can go almost unnoticed to your remaining livestock.

GL!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: