Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I could use a little help with my tank. I suppose I should start with the set up, its a 46 gallon bowfront. I have live sand in there and have recently added 15lbs of Fiji live rock as well, I plan on making this a fish only tank, and purchased 25lbs of the pre-cured key largo rock from marcorocks.com First off I'm very happy with the amount and quality of rock I received, but they told me I would be able to add straight to the tank after a quick rinse, which after everything I'm reading sounds like something I shouldn't do. I'm just looking for the right way to introduce the new rock into my tank (with live rock and sand, no fish at the moment) any help would be greatly appreciated!!

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Well congrats on your first post , and whenever you add a large amount of rock to a tank you can run the risk of starting a mini cycle ,however if the rock is in fact properly cured adding a piece or two at a time a few days apart is a good way to do it, it worked well for me . Hope this works well for you keep us posted

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: