AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'll be renting a truck this weekend to pick up a 6 foot glass tank and stand. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for securing the tank inside the truck. I'm concerned about it moving around during transport and possibly cracking. Thanks very much for the feed back!

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
What type of truck? Bubble wrap and cardboard taped around it will give it cushion and support. If you can get suction cups to assist with the lifting part that would help but if not some gloves with grip on them would suffice so you don't slip.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
they come in packs of 4 or 5 so just get a pack. use what you gotta use till you feel its more then secure but remember dont overdo the ratcheting on the straps. and if its up against something i would add some cardboard behind and infront or wherever you use a strap against the glass and where the glass is leaning up against.....

good luck ;)

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks Green. I looked into that but unfortunately they were booked so I had to go with the UHaul.

Tony, thanks again for the tip. Looking forward to getting this thing up and running!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: