frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm planning on a 150 gallon bow front tank refugium sump micro algae plants dsb. Main tank dsb too live cured rock, powerheads for circulation. Any opinions on this setup planning slow.

FinCity

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmer?

Do you plan on a Skimmer? If not, what was your reasoning behind skipping? I'm looking to set up a similar system, except it will be 3 separate 55 gallon tanks using 1 refugium (1 coral, 1 reef community, 1 predator).

frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on skimmer not shore witch one is the best out there to buy. Planning on micro algae refugium sump, mix coral reef tank, some invertebrates, fish yellow tank, blue tang, angelfish, butterfly fish, clown fish, blenny, other fish that will be compatable peaceful cumminty. Anyone has other fish selections opinion or advice thanks.

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

FinCity

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six Line

Hey - I would for sure look into the Six Line Wrasse. Good part of a clean up crew...

I can't put a picture, but you can Google it for sure!

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I have never heard anyone enter say anything negative about a six line before... And mine was yank raised, so...
Sorry to give you the 'bad news'...but it's true...sure every fish is different, and your 6 line may be fine NOW...but the possibility exists.

I 'assume' that you mean 'tank raised'...but what do you mean by that?...you got it from another reefer that raised it?, or you know of a retailer/seller that is tank raising 6 lines?

FinCity

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, was "Tank" and yes, I work with Z-Fish in Miami that has been breeding them. At least that is what they have been saying.

Either way, I have had about a dozen 6 lines in my or my customers tanks, and for sure, never had a problem... I never really worried about Capture/Removing fish, but can see why it may be difficult since they are small and can down into the cracks of the rocks.

I have too much coral to be spelunking for a fish...

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Six lines Wrasse are notorious for being problems, and to say that you never had a problem with any of them is very surprising and can either be because the tanks that they're in are either very large or the rest of the tank mates aren't the type of fish that may have issues with Six lines Wrasse. Either way, you'll find that most of the time they're problems and more often than not they need to be removed.

FinCity

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree to Disagree?

I guess we all have opinions... I buy Copepods and Live Tiger pods in addition to my normal feeding routine. I started out with recommending the Wrasses for Bristleworm control and never had problems in my tanks at home. I still see a few of the 6 lines in customers tanks as well.

Perhaps never had the type of fish that may have been intimidated by the little 6 line before. I double checked online and while they are classified as semi-aggressive, a few sites confirmed that they play nice with fish if they have enough food and hiding places...

Right now, I have a Fox Face, a Salt Water Mono, Maroon Clown, 3 BlueGreen Chromis, a Scooter Blenny, Odonus Niger, Green Filefish, 6 Anemones (started with 2 and they kept multiplying cause I feed them so much), a coco worm, feather duster, 2 sand sifting starfish, and a bunch of hermits and turbos... My little family all play nice together in a small 55 gallon with a lot of rock and coral.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Right now, I have a Fox Face, a Salt Water Mono, Maroon Clown, 3 BlueGreen Chromis, a Scooter Blenny, Odonus Niger, Green Filefish, 6 Anemones (started with 2 and they kept multiplying cause I feed them so much), a coco worm, feather duster, 2 sand sifting starfish, and a bunch of hermits and turbos... My little family all play nice together in a small 55 gallon with a lot of rock and coral.

If this is your fish list then you really don't have any fish that would be a problem. Now add some other Wrasses or Basslet/Dottybacks or less aggressive Clowns and you'll have some problems.

frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone looking at compatible fishes easy to have and raise healthy. Never had freshwater fish get sick or problems. Did all my husbandry and water quality was good. This saltwater hobby is more involved to it. research and reading a lot getting alresource reef hobby.

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: