• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone has a opinion on lighting planning on LEDs. can I install it under canopy that's what I want to put on top of tank. saw one that is energy saver can't remember name of light .

Sent from my PG86100 using Reefs

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
For canopy installations, I would look at the Aqua Illuminations SOL or Vega. They are relatively cool to the touch but you will still need some height spacing between the top of the canopy and the LED fixture since the fan is o top of the unit. There should also be some type of ventilation in the hood also.

FathomLED

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 66.7%
6   3   0
We did a 300 gallon in canopy install in Jersey. It was in an aquavim tank Completely braced and not just hung by wires. Lets us know what you have and need done i have some pictures of the install on the home pc or even on our site but right now we are diving in Aruba to get some spectral readings, reflectance readings and irradiance readings as well as PAR in order to balance technology and nature to the best of our ability. That is why we could not make the swap. But this data is very important to us plus it justifes buying the new machinery.:D There may be some pictures of the build on the site as well. If you need us we always check the PM as often as we can right now but would gladly get together with you to discuss you needs after next saturday. Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: