zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello reefers ..!!

I'll like to let you know than today i got my ro/di system for the 1st time in 6 months since than i set it up my little tank..!!

i used to use filtered water using those home filters to drink water ..! i know than is not really recommended use it , but to me really works , i'm a beginner in saltwater aquariums , and i've been learning on the way , is not easy but is not really hard either, now i have a 4 some of zoanthids , one of 'em is a pink panther , (when i bought it had only a few polyps , but now has more then 10 or 15 heads) i bought also a rasta cousins ( with like ten little ones, and now they're more than 30 ) and some recents like , well they called technicolor dream is something mix like radioactive green with orange fruit loops, and just a frag of radioactive green dragon eyes..!! and also a head of forgspawn coral, after almost 4 or 5 months starts to split , that's awesome , but i've been watching it than looks different than before, i don't know how to explain that but i could thing is because is in Progress to split ..!! i would like some help on that. to understand more and keep it healthy.. and my last adding to my aquarium was a couple of mini maxi anemones, they are to little yet, like 1 1/2 inche each, one of the is like between grey to green and the other one is like yellow to orange..!! they're really nice and i love them..!!

but know i'm gonna used ro/di water and i will like to know what is going to happen using this type of water , i've been looking for info about it and i found than is the best water for reef aquariums, but i wanna know what could be my advantages and disadvantages ..!!

i want to grow up healthy and successfully my aquarium , i want to upgrade to another more bigger , but i want to do it right..!!

thanks to read me reefers, and any council, or recommendation feel free to tell me . thank you .. have a great day..!! all of you..!!:groupflip

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
There are no disadvantages to using ro/di water in your tank, it is definitely one of the best things you can do for your coral/tank. The only disadvantage is the waste water it causes while you are making the water.

Do you have any pics of your tank? We'd love to see them! :)

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no disadvantages to using ro/di water in your tank, it is definitely one of the best things you can do for your coral/tank. The only disadvantage is the waste water it causes while you are making the water.

Do you have any pics of your tank? We'd love to see them! :)

Hello Kathy C!!

Thanks to your answer, well i hope to see good results after couple months to used ro/di water , and yes i have some pics from my little tank! I'm gonna take some pics to post it here !! Thank you again!! Have a great night

frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my first time too. Can't decide what kind model to buy, sink space is factor I hear bulkreef supply has them. But ups gives me bad service, doesnt what for your to answer door. I guess it my luck and idea what Size gph water to make for a250 gallon tank is a portable unit ok thanks.

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my first time too. Can't decide what kind model to buy, sink space is factor I hear bulkreef supply has them. But ups gives me bad service, doesnt what for your to answer door. I guess it my luck and idea what Size gph water to make for a250 gallon tank is a portable unit ok thanks.

Hello Frankieboy..!!

i don't know much about ro/di system as everybody else .. but i just bought a portable system , this system can make 75 gpd , and i found it on amazon, and i had a excellent service from ups delivery guy..!! and also is a good system , well is my 1st system , and is really easy to use..!! i wish you a good luck to find you're right system for your tank..!! have a great night..!!

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers,

I have a question for all of you!

I been using ro/di water in my eco pico, but is to normal than the corals change , i want to mean, they could act like when you added for the first time, they keep closed for a time before they open back, but now almost all my corals doesn't open fully like usual, my frogspawn is the one than makes me worry ,because this one keeps more time with the tentacles hide!

I've been checking my water parameters to check if anything is wrong.

This are my parameters

Ammo 0
Nitrates 0
Nitrites 0
Ph. 8.0 (this one goes down, before was 8.2) i hope that is not really bad !!

I'm using a PH buffer to get it back!

I'm gonna put some pics tomorrow early to show you and you guys could tell me what can i do to bring it back to my corals healthy and good conditions!! Thanks every one

ChrisB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hello reefers,

I have a question for all of you!

I been using ro/di water in my eco pico, but is to normal than the corals change , i want to mean, they could act like when you added for the first time, they keep closed for a time before they open back, but now almost all my corals doesn't open fully like usual, my frogspawn is the one than makes me worry ,because this one keeps more time with the tentacles hide!

I've been checking my water parameters to check if anything is wrong.

This are my parameters

Ammo 0
Nitrates 0
Nitrites 0
Ph. 8.0 (this one goes down, before was 8.2) i hope that is not really bad !!

I'm using a PH buffer to get it back!

I'm gonna put some pics tomorrow early to show you and you guys could tell me what can i do to bring it back to my corals healthy and good conditions!! Thanks every one
I would not chase ph , I dont like making my tank chemicaly dependant . whats your calcium and alk at? read this http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-06/rhf/index.php. and I agree with the Reef Miester brs and spectra pure are the best. even tho I do not have a spectra pure or brs unit . I still use spectra pure cartridges.

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks so much for the info..!!

I would not chase ph , I dont like making my tank chemicaly dependant . whats your calcium and alk at? read this http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-06/rhf/index.php. and I agree with the Reef Miester brs and spectra pure are the best. even tho I do not have a spectra pure or brs unit . I still use spectra pure cartridges.

sorry to not write before but i have to work , i got no much time , but i have another parameters..

but honestly i'm some confused with a couple of this parameters ??

ok they are..

Ca 2+. 400 - 420
Po3-. 0.25
Dkh. 625.5 ( ok in this one i don't know if my tester was wrong or is really that..!!) if so, i think is to high , how could fix it..!!
ammo. 0 ppm
No3. 0 ppm
No2. 0 ppm
Ph. 8.0

is the 1st time than i make those testings CA2+ Po3 Dkh..!!

so i will like to know if something is wrong and how i could fix it..!! thank you very much reefers ..!! have a great night..!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: