Gancoob

Newbie fishi-mon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm looking for a skimmer for my 120 and my four fish. I don't run any inverts. I'm willing to spend around $100. The local fs told me they use the corallife 65 on their tanks and it is in my price range. Any advice?

d5332

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.9%
94   3   0
the Coralife 65 is too small for the 120.

Google SCA Aquariums and check out the SC302 which is rated for 180 gallon tank and very economical, assuming you have a sump.

If you need a hang on back skimmer you are going to have to increase your budget for a 120 gallon tank.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Honestly, for a 120, $100 is not going to get you much of a skimmer. I would rather spend the money on salt than buy a coralife skimmer.

If you can bump it up to $200 or $300 you'll be able to get a much better skimmer. Check the marketplace for used models.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
I've used a Coralife 65 on a 20g tank and got rid of it within 2 weeks. It was absolutely the worst waste of money of any piece of equipment I've ever used. Please take everyone's advice and reconsider this choice. As stated, the members selling on the marketplace here on MR offer some great deals for much better pieces of equipment.

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: