arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Whats the best way to frag a soft coral? Im trying to frag a kenya tree onto a rock. Would that work? I dont have any of the glue to just glue the coral.

Last edited:

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
For most softies you can use the rubber band trick, or if large enough, take a toothpick, spear the base of the coral with it, and secure the toothpick to the rock (mini crevices etc help a lot). After a couple of days the coral will attach itself to the rock and you can remove the toothpick.

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0
Whats the best way to frag a soft coral? I'm trying to frag a kenya tree onto a rock. Would that work? I don't have any of the glue to just glue the coral.

What we have done in the past is to kind of pluck/pull the kenya tree a section of it off the rock and then rubber band it to another piece of rock or rubble as others have mentioned.

Kenya tree is very resilient and difficult to kill in my experience, further it spread like wildfire in one of our tanks.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The kenya will frag itself if you give it time. They are the worst coral to have IMO. Same goes for Xenia and mushrooms. You will NEVER get rid of them. Put them in your tank knowing that.

Also, please wear non-powder latex or vinyl glove when fragging.

Rating - 100%
92   0   0
...another method besides the two listed above, this is my personal preference actually....take some rubble rock and fill the bottom of a small plastic cup or glass/shotglass/etc then place coral (xenia, kenya, mushrooms, zoos, leathers, etc) then take a small section of onion bagging and place over the top of cup or whatever and rubberband it down....it allows the corals to naturally attach onto a rock in low flow while not blocking any lighting

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: