zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would find a new store if they are telling you things like that!

I know, heard that makes me so much confused, i know than use carbon in the filter helps to clean the water and keep away of bad smells the water also, but i know than the carbon takes away many elements of the water too, that's the guy of that store told me! " if you going to build a pico reef aquarium , you have to take out the carbon from your filter!! It helps you to keep more nutrients in the aquarium! " i don't know if he was right, but i didn't take out the carbon!! So. What is true and what is false !! ??

rambler67

Addicted to MR
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
well i see a couple problems 1st ammonia did you add new fish or coral? did anything die in the tank a dead snail or crab could raise the ammonia. 2nd it could be the change in salt going from a pre made to mixing it your self. did you test the new salt water before you used it? i would defiantly get the tds metter you could have a bad cartage on your rodi and not know it if you never tested it. 3rd your phosphates are high water changes will help as long as the water is good. you can also run phosphate removing media like gfo. i would keep the carbon.

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody , good night i'm back again , well today is another day than i can't see my aquarium with no improvement ,

I don't know what just happened but i couldn't post all the information'
But ok , i'll repeat everything !'

So, tonight i did anther regular water change , to get any improvement in my aquarium, yesterday i got my TDS meter, and i used tonight to check my tap water , and after used my Ro/ Di system! And i got this:
My regulat tap water is 137 ppm and after i used the ro/di system was exactly 0 ppm which is good, now i know than my system is making good water !! ;) ok, while i was making the water change i try to move a little bit the live rock to find something death, but i did not see anything , and i did a little vacuum under rocks , and that part was a little dirty, i hope that will help a little to control the phosphate!!
Well, i put everything back again , and finish the water change. And after the check the water before water change , this is what i got;

Ammo 0 ppm ( this one goes down!! ;) )
Nitrate 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
PH 8.2
Calcium 360 - 380 (this one goes down too ) :/
Phosphate 0.25 ppm ( this one keeping the same) :(
KH 304.3

Well i hope to see any changes in the next days,
Any comments are welcome , thank you everyone !! Good night

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: