nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
well everyone does it a little different. figure a cycle is a month. test it after 2 weeks and see where you are at. start with your amonia. that should be 0 by then. then test your nitrites. when that is hi you have to wait for that to come down and then do your nitrates, no need to waste test kits

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am cycling my tank, and I test it 2x a day. I know a watched pot never boils, but I am so curious to find out what is happening each day that I cannot resist. By the time it is cylcled, I will have to add more water!:bagfish:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
LeslieS said:
I am cycling my tank, and I test it 2x a day. I know a watched pot never boils, but I am so curious to find out what is happening each day that I cannot resist. By the time it is cylcled, I will have to add more water!:bagfish:

Well once your tank cycles you're not going to need to use the Ammonia and Nitrites kits again. So you might as well use up all the test kits and get your moneys worth.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: