Hey MR I just moved and had to disassemble and reassemble my tank in my new house. Had the tank up and running for about five yrs before this move . It's a 65 gallon tank drilled on the back left 3/4 of an inch ( used as an overflow , another 1/2 inch hole on the right that siphons water from the mid section of the water column. The over flow drains into a filter sock the water then through a refugium with a DSB and various macro species with the other feeds directly into the refugium. Then they both enter the skimmer chamber and then into a carbon reactor. Then my return pump brings the water up through a separate hose. I have an acrylic sump that's about 40- 50 gal I'm not to sure of its volume . Since I set it up in its new spot I've been having a problem where intermittently the left overflow starts making a gargling noise filling the sump a little more than I would want and then it reverses where the tank becomes full more than I had and the return chamber is half empty with the pump of course making the noise and letting the bubbles into the aquarium. I set it up exactly the way I had it and the same way I have my other tank in my office and I've never had this problem . Any suggestions on how to correct it or at least get rid of the gargling noises? Please help the wife is about to shoot me because of this.
Thanks for your time ,
Ahmad Abdella M.D.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: