frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi was wondering how many times all you reefers feed fish coral exctra. What food should keep list of like seaweed frozen food, Comments advice please.

Any gadget I need to feed coral, fish, invertebrate. And can I have a automatic feeder to feed fish for like when I go on vacation thanks.

Astrick117

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well it really all depends on what type of fish you keep. Some can be fed flake food, while others really should have frozen or live food. Other fish like tangs, need algae in their diet. Your best bet is to research your fish types and find out what is best for them.

As far as feeding frequency goes, I feed once a day with high quality flake food or frozen mysis/ chopped seafood. I only put in enough that it is all consumed within a few minutes to help keep unnecessary waste out of my system.

When you go on vacation, you can use an auto feeder. I am actually using one now for the holidays. The only thing is that I have only ever seen auto feeders that work with dry food, so your fish have to accept flakes or similar food. My auto feeder has 4 times that I can set if I want, plus it allows me to choose how much food I drop in the tank through an adjustable sliding door and the # of rotations that it will perform at that time.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
+1 it all really depends, on my small nano I feed about every other day my fish and once A week I spot feed my corals, in my big tank I feed almost every day Nd spot feed maybe 2-3 times a week. All deepened on fish and ur filtration.

As to what kind of food. I like flake with garlic and sometimes pelets, i also feed nori to my tangs. Frozen for fish and corals my fish and corAls love rods food the best also fees frozen mysis shrimp. I also like coral frenzy!

Many many options!. Also get a turkey baster for spot feeding

Well it really all depends on what type of fish you keep. Some can be fed flake food, while others really should have frozen or live food. Other fish like tangs, need algae in their diet. Your best bet is to research your fish types and find out what is best for them.

As far as feeding frequency goes, I feed once a day with high quality flake food or frozen mysis/ chopped seafood. I only put in enough that it is all consumed within a few minutes to help keep unnecessary waste out of my system.

When you go on vacation, you can use an auto feeder. I am actually using one now for the holidays. The only thing is that I have only ever seen auto feeders that work with dry food, so your fish have to accept flakes or similar food. My auto feeder has 4 times that I can set if I want, plus it allows me to choose how much food I drop in the tank through an adjustable sliding door and the # of rotations that it will perform at that time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: