Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
well sort of at least, finally got a tank up and going after sandy. The flood destroyed the equipment and the stands to my 90 and 65 so out they went and i sold off the tanks to start a new when remodeling was finished. That i could not wait for so the 30 that was upstairs in my bedroom that was a fresh water tank recently turned qt right before sandy was the new tank for now. I would like to thank Adam (PolandSpring) for helping to restock my tank and Jared (lfsmarineguy) for dealing with my 9234432 questions

Equipment:
2x Orphek Par 38 bulbs at 21w each
1x Ecoxotic par 38 bulb at 19 w
(the Orpheks are hands down better than the eco, the eco may be brighter but the Orpheks just make those colors POP)
10 gallon tank as sump
asm mini g protein skimmer
finnex 500W titanium heater and controller-meant for my upgrade in a month or so but i needed a heater til then
mag 3 return pump
Sicce Voyager 1(the poor man's vortech lol)

so far the only tank residents are a Green chromis and a black ocelaris.

Attachments

• IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_5910.jpg
    IMG_5910.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 258
  • full 30 with lights.JPG
    full 30 with lights.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 267
  • full 30.JPG
    full 30.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 236
  • frag rack 1.JPG
    frag rack 1.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 234
  • frag rack 2.JPG
    frag rack 2.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 214
  • ultra trach brain.JPG
    ultra trach brain.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 280

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
if you dont take the time to look at all the photos i would at least suggest just looking at the last one you wont be disappointed, and no its not photoshoped or edited in any way

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Yay for you!! :)

I did look at all of the pics ;)
The first 2 look painfully familiar...:sigh:

Are you hands really cold in the last one - they look kinda blue ..lol

Very nice & welcome home :hug:

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0
Ugh sorry to see you going through the devastation from the storm. Glad to see you back at it though!

I like the DIY frag rack, pretty nifty! and that trach is super psychedelic!

I look forward to seeing your tank mature :).

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Master shAke welcome back. The 1st 2 are painful to see. Im happy u are back n welcome you back for doing it again. Great job so far. Just a little help i would try to hide most of the pvc rack by gluing rubble rock to your frag holder into the middle and somehow tie it into ur rock work on both sides. I think that would look even better

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
sounds like a good idea to make it more aesthetically pleasing but it was never meant to be a display tank if it were i would have actually used my nice rock sitting out in my back yard but that is for the soon to come 120. this will be my qt/frag tank i just have it up now as something to have rather than nothing

Master shAke welcome back. The 1st 2 are painful to see. Im happy u are back n welcome you back for doing it again. Great job so far. Just a little help i would try to hide most of the pvc rack by gluing rubble rock to your frag holder into the middle and somehow tie it into ur rock work on both sides. I think that would look even better

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
well after about 4 months of headaches, dealing with insurance, complete 100% renovations of the first floor here is my 120. It is a standard 120 oceanic tech tank which i picked up from nycitaliano, the stand needed some work which i reinforced with 2x4's, gave a good paint job and am in the process of replacing the door hinges and spring openers. It has about 70lbs of fiji pink aragonite sand. About half of the rock work in the tank was drilled and i inserted acrylic rods into it to get it to stand the way it does and so its not going anywhere unless i want it to, after 4 hours and about 5 feet of acrylic rods it was done. THe sump is a standard 30 gallon which i divided in half with a siliconed in piece of acrylic to divide the fuge part and the skimmer/return pump. tank will be pumped by a mag drive 7 and at least 1 vortech mp40w when i get more money from insurance. advantage aqua uv 25w, and the skimmer will be a reef octopus diablo 160 also when i get more money from insurance, i have the heater which is a 500w titanium finex heater controlled by the finex controller. The light is my old 6 bulb tek which i got about a month before sandy and still miraculously works, bulbs are all kz bulbs. i intend to get a reef brite actinic strip for extra blue and a little shimmer. Still have to work on the ro unit so it wont be filled for another week or so

Attachments

• IMG_1183.jpg
    IMG_1183.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 162

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Awesome rock scape my friend!!!!!! I love it!:hug: Can't wait til you filler up.;) I only have small frags for now, but as they grow you my friend can come over to see if you like anything that is fragable.;)

Sandy will not keep us down.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: