• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

frankieboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi mr bine awhile planning my setup also buissy at work. Can anyone tell me how much a 180g will wieght with lr and ls in it like to make shore my floor can support it. Cause I still plan on tangs mixed reef. And do they make 200g tanks six feet long like 72x24x24 and is there a site I can lookup dimensions so I don't bother you guys to much. And also want thank you all for helping me understand hobby bin following along some of you all here. And if I don't respond to pms is buissy at work or not interested in any thing right now. Just want be shore I want to take on the adrenaline to hobby and setup do it right happy reefing
Frankie

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Water weight and rock/sand weight differ. You can get an estimated weight using only water but in reality when you add the weight of the tank + stand + sump + rock/sand then the water weight is only 1/2-2/3 the actual weight of the setup. Plus you should figure in the displacement of the rock and sand.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
You should also factor in the weight of a bunch of people looking at the tank.
On a 6 foot long tank that could easily add half a ton and maybe more.
Im 210 lbs, so 5 people my size increases the capacity significantly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: