peezon1979

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello i have a 170 gallon tank with a refugium setup the tank has been running for a year now. i bought a aqua c ev180 protien skimmer, and 2 reeflo blowhole 1450's for return pumps. i was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me get setup, im still new and dont know enough to set this all up on my own. right now i have a single 1400gph in sump pump thats barely moving the water out of the dual lock line. so i want to go external. ive been wanting to get this setup right for so long but i dont know anyone else who is into this like i am to help me, and i cant see paying a fortune, when alot of people are happy to help out in the hobby. i will pay gas fair or transpertation for anyone who will come i live in cortlandt manor ny in westchester county. thanks

will

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
It is an OK skimmer that is based on a design that is somewhat outdated.
The progression of skimmer design has moved on and there are much more evolved models out there.
You also have a tank that is too large for the rating on that skimmer. You would be fine if you had that on a medium stocked 125. But you have a 170 with a sump and fuge, you probably have close to 200-225 gallons in your system.
That skimmer would have trouble keeping up even in a lightly stocked system that size.
Not saying it will not skim, but they are not easy to adjust and you will find more at the same price point that work much better.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: