AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I ordered 125lbs of dry rock from ReefRocks.net but the boxes were shipped from reef cleaners. Is this normal? Are they affiliated in some way? I'm concerned about the quality of the rock? Is it the same stuff? Has this ever happened to anyone else? I haven't opened up the second box yet but the first one contained a lot of softball sized pieces. Just want to make sure I got what I paid for. Also, no padding in the boxes. is that normal, especially since they are rocks?

Attachments

• Rocks.jpg
    Rocks.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 162
  • Rocks3.jpg
    Rocks3.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Rocks4.jpg
    Rocks4.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 154
  • Rock Dust.jpg
    Rock Dust.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 153

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Did you send him an email as we discussed? The white residue is fine.

Not yet. I plan to but I wanted some feedback before going off half-cocked. That's why I didn't mention the other issues that I told you about. Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this and what they did about it. Have not even had a chance to weigh the boxes yet.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
John at reef cleaners offers excellent customer service. Give him a shout or email. The residue is normal. I ordered rocks long time ago and they had paper packing, not sure it offered any real benefit. How much was 125 lbs?

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
John at reef cleaners offers excellent customer service. Give him a shout or email. The residue is normal. I ordered rocks long time ago and they had paper packing, not sure it offered any real benefit. How much was 125 lbs?

I think I bought two 50lb boxes and then 25 additional lbs for 220

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: