AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I plan on having pods in the fuge. Do I set it up the same time as i'm putting sand and rock in the display? Then let it all cycle? Or do I start the fuge after the tank has cycled? If I did that, wouldn't it start another cycle?? Also, what do you think of pods in the pouch? I think they're called reefpods.

Thanks!

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
ive done it both way sump and tank at the same time and tank running and then ad the sump later just make the stuff u put in the sump is cycled and that pod in a pouch is a joke all u need is some macro from a nice tank and it will have all the critters that u need or get someone to trade u there filter sock when they do there water change i could offer u both the macro and my filter sock but gas and toll would make it not worth it

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
ive done it both way sump and tank at the same time and tank running and then ad the sump later just make the stuff u put in the sump is cycled and that pod in a pouch is a joke all u need is some macro from a nice tank and it will have all the critters that u need or get someone to trade u there filter sock when they do there water change i could offer u both the macro and my filter sock but gas and toll would make it not worth it

Dubs, thanks for the tip bro, and I appreciate the offer!

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
If you add a large refuge with 6'' of sand after the tank is established you will have total white out. In other words a dust storm...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: